• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor constuction problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carlm2005

What is the name of your state? Washington

A indiviual has started building his home on a previously vacant lot across the street from my home. Note - the owner is acting as his own general contractor and is not a builder. His lot is steep and only 50 feet wide, which prohibits the constuction crews from using that property as a staging area. Therefore, cement trucks and pumpers have blocked off the road in front of my house and my driveway while pouring footings and the foundation. Some damage on my property also occurred from these trucks. My mail has not been delivered while this was going on as well. Yesterday, a utility locating service came to find the utilities to tap into for the house, and they spray painted across my driveway and in a ornamental dry rock bed I have along the road. I don't want to be a jerk to my new future neighbor, but I am not happy with my property being used to build his house. And I see this as just the beginning, as there is no room on his property to dump any building materials and have workers park. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Carl

John Se

Nimby

some one had to build your house too. contact the city and see if they have any rules that should be followed. also the paint used to mark lines will disapear in about a month

lwpat

As long as they are using the right of way they have a right to use it. If you think they are damaging your yard/landscaping, take pictures and document the damage. This is part living in a civilized world so grow up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">