• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

probation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wilson

I was stopped and arrested for driving on suspended/revoked license. I did not know this at the time. I was arrested and bonded out. I corrected the problem and appeared in court. I pleaded GUILTY, because to my understanding I was saying although I didn't know at the time yes, my license were actually suspeded. My new and corrected license were taking from me, I was handcuffed in the court room and immediately taken to jail. My sentence was to serve 14 days and the rest on probabtion, fined and community service. I have never been in jail nor had a legal problem in my life and I am a 35 year old male. My mistake was appearing in court without an attorney. Does this seem extreme? By the way I am married 16 years, with 3 kids, I lost my job, my car and eventually had to move in with my inlaws because of this. And now with a "record" getting a good job is lost.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">