• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce someone in prison?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

putattn2me

my nephew's wife is in prison for drug traffiking. she talked him into marrying her before the trial by saying if he didnt, she would have to testify against him and he would go to prison too. she is in prison in Arizona and he lives in New Mexico. she talks him into sending her money by making him feel guilty. he finally got wise and wants to divorce her. what does he have to do to divorce someone in prison? what are the procedures?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

putattn2me said:
my nephew's wife is in prison for drug traffiking. she talked him into marrying her before the trial by saying if he didnt, she would have to testify against him and he would go to prison too. she is in prison in Arizona and he lives in New Mexico. she talks him into sending her money by making him feel guilty. he finally got wise and wants to divorce her. what does he have to do to divorce someone in prison? what are the procedures?
My response:

It makes no difference where a person is, if you want a divorce. Just see an attorney (they usually give free consultations) and have your Petition filed, and served on her.

No big deal.

IAAL

P

putattn2me

i'm interested in knowing what's going to happen. how will the papers be served on her in prison? who will serve them? will she have to sign anything? of course, she doesnt want the divorce - she wants him to keep sending her money. can she contest the divorce from in prison? they were only married about 6 months before she went to prison.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

putattn2me said:
i'm interested in knowing what's going to happen. how will the papers be served on her in prison? who will serve them? will she have to sign anything? of course, she doesnt want the divorce - she wants him to keep sending her money. can she contest the divorce from in prison? they were only married about 6 months before she went to prison.
My response:

Both States are "No Fault" divorce States. Hence, there's nothing to contest. If one spouse wants a divorce, that's it. It's fairly "bingo, bango, and you're done" except for the waiting periods set up by the State and courts.

Your attorney will have the papers served on her in prison.

Unless there's something more to this matter you're not telling me, then there's really nothing more to this.

If you require exacting specifics, take my suggestion and get a free consultation with a Family Law lawyer.

IAAL

MIKESGIRL192006

Needing Help

See me & my husband (Vernon Wayne Walters) got MARRIED on July 5th, 2005. We SEPARATED on April 19th, 2006. We've lived separated & apart for ever since then. He ABUSED & CONTROLLED ME ALOT. I've got witnesses & proof of that. I was in an Abusive Relationship. Now, however i am Engaged to another man (Michael), & we do have a 1 month old son (Seth). Wayne & his family are trying to get me for Breech of Contract, Marital Misconduct & "ADULTRY". But as i understand him & his family can't do that. His sister in law is making him not to sign the papers. But as Wayne has told me before that if i wanted a divorce, he'd not stand in my way & sign. I've got emails where his family is threatening to get me with Breech of Contract, Marital Misconduct & esp. "ADULTRY". Wayne's Mom & his sister in law keeps going on my Myspace to get details on me, to use against me. See they all know that my fiance Michael is a REGISTERED SEX OFFENDER & they love to rub it in mine & my aunts face. By emailing me & my aunt pics & details of his sex offense. But Michael however did do jail time for his offense & completed a Group Treatment in Charlotte, NC with a Dr. William Tyson. See when we moved into our trailor, he failed to register our address. So he had to go court, & he had to spend this past weekend in jail (48hours) & he's on REGULAR PROBATION. He did tell his P.O. officer about us. & his P.O. officer told Michael that i had to move out. Because us both not being married to each other & plus we're both commiting "Adultry". So i had to leave our trailor. Me, Michael & our son Seth are not allowed to stay a night together. Michael has to stay the night @ our trailor, But he can't spend the night no where else either. Please help me. I dont have any income, no job, no vehicle, i quit in the 10th grade. All i have is a trailor & my clothes & our son. I know i need to stay concentrated on our son Seth, but me & Michael are both trying to get our divorces done. See Michael is married to another woman named Melissa & i'm married to another guy named Wayne. Michael & Melissa have a son named Peanut. There Custody & Child Support are already taken care of. Michael & Melissa have talked about going to the Court house & filling out there papers & filing for there divorce. But can they do that? Please, i'm begging you, please help me/us out. We're wanting to get our divorces, so we can get married & be a happy family. It breaks my heart having to see Michael leave us every night to go home to an empty trailor. He stay's worried about us. I just want me & our son to get to go home soon. Please help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">