• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Damages to Rental Property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

newt

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

This is my question if anyone can help. A renter i had agreed with me to terminate the lease. However like a fool i lost my copy of the lease and i believe she destroyed hers. Upon taking possesion of the property back damage was done. On the phone she is claiming she has no lease and that she will claim not to have lived there however i have multiple witnesses that she did. She also stole 2 fridges and microwave which i filed a criminal report on. She also did a great deal of damage to the property, IE stained the carpets and tore up doors things of that nature which i have photos of. Luckily i have the original purchase contract on the microwave and fridges and the original owners i purchased the home from. Even without an actual rental contract can i still take her to small claims for the damages since i have witnesses to the fact she was living there?

Thanks you all

Newton

badapple40

Sure, he-said, she-said, and the judge will determine who is most credible.

While she lived there, did she happen to pay rent? By check? Cashed checks would be good proof.

HomeGuru

Another evidence of residence is utility bills in the name of the tenant, USPS mail service address on file, neighbor witnesses, tenant employer info etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">