• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

problem with parent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

honeybee5969

What is the name of your state? ny
i babysat for a person a few months ago. while i had her child here i took some pictures of her daughter. she now says she is going to sue me for taking them. they were never posted anywhere. she also says that i hit her older child and has her in couciling, and wants to sue me for that. she is telling everyone she can that my husband beats me, which he never has. this is all over me taking her to court because she failed to pay me for watching her children. while i was watching them she moved and never gave me her new address. i had no way to give her the receipts for her taxes. i called her and told her she needed to bring payment and sign for them, she never did. i claimed everything on my taxes, and will gladly give her the receipt, but she has to sign for it so i have a copy. i guess i just want to know if she has a case against me.

seniorjudge

honeybee5969 said:
What is the name of your state? ny
i babysat for a person a few months ago. while i had her child here i took some pictures of her daughter. she now says she is going to sue me for taking them. they were never posted anywhere. she also says that i hit her older child and has her in couciling, and wants to sue me for that. she is telling everyone she can that my husband beats me, which he never has. this is all over me taking her to court because she failed to pay me for watching her children. while i was watching them she moved and never gave me her new address. i had no way to give her the receipts for her taxes. i called her and told her she needed to bring payment and sign for them, she never did. i claimed everything on my taxes, and will gladly give her the receipt, but she has to sign for it so i have a copy. i guess i just want to know if she has a case against me.
Q: i guess i just want to know if she has a case against me.

A: No. That won't stop her from suing you though.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">