• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unauthorized copy of photograph

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kattalyzer

I had my pictures developed at a large discount store yesterday and when I went to pick up the pictures, one of the workers was showing the people around the counter an 8x10 picture he had with words he had added to it. It was one of my pictures that had just been developed! When he showed me the picture, I said, "You like my picture?" and he just commented, "Oh, is it yours?" I was just shocked and so I just got my pictures and left (he still has the blown up copy of my picture). I contacted the manager who said she was sorry, it wasn't this store's policy and it would never happen again. I explained to her that I wanted that picture he had and any others of mine that he had copied and would like a phone call when I could come to pick them up. She has not called me yet. Regardless of whether she calls me or not, is there any legal action that I can take?

HomeGuru

You made the mistake of leaving the store without verifying that you got all of the negatives and every reprint that was made on an authorized and unauthorized basis. You and the store manager should have gotten the employee to admit how many other photos were made so you could have gotten all of them back at that time.

What are you waiting for?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">