• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Easement causing flooding on my property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dtemps77

What is the name of your state? MI
My land is being flooded. A builder has put in a easement to access his home, which is behind mine. In doing this the water has no where to go and is trapped on my property. I spoke to the builder and he put in a drain pipe to let some of the water drain past the easement. The neighbors on the other side of the easement complained to the county(conway township) the builder removed the drain. I have called the county and of coarse am getting the run around. Who and what can I do to get this resolved? The county clerk told me its a civil issue.

LindaP777

dtemps77 said:
What is the name of your state? MI
My land is being flooded. A builder has put in a easement to access his home, which is behind mine. In doing this the water has no where to go and is trapped on my property. I spoke to the builder and he put in a drain pipe to let some of the water drain past the easement. The neighbors on the other side of the easement complained to the county(conway township) the builder removed the drain. I have called the county and of coarse am getting the run around. Who and what can I do to get this resolved? The county clerk told me its a civil issue.
What would you like the builder to do? (I'm not being sarcastic, here, I'd just like to know what you think the answer is.) The builder wants and needs access to his house. The builder sounds like he's being trying to co-operate with you & your neighbor, but neither solutions has worked for both. Why don't you arrange a meeting with the builder and your neighbor and see if the three of you can come up with an equitable solution for everyone.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">