• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Money taken from trusted person

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jrandolph25

:confused: I am not sure what to do, Needing many answers..... I arrived here in Fort Collins less than three months ago, my grandfather then sent me $5000 to get started. The check was sent to a trusted person to hold for me and give it too me as need to help with bills and whatever else I needed. I have been paying rent which is $450 which is too include utilities, food, and etc. Well since I have lived here I have for the most part been paying for my own food(have all the recipts) and I don't have cable, or internet, so I am not sure what my utilites are. This trusted person gave me written recipts, that are not signed by me. This trusted person is saying that all my money is gone, and I have no clue where it is at. I recieved $2000 to begin and the $3000 that is left is in question, now from the $3000 rent has been deducted and two payments for my furniture. I have had to take out two loans, to help pay bills. I have bills that are overdue including my two loans, and I do not know what to do. Can anyone help me? I don't have any money to really afford a lawyer, but I could sure use the help.....

ENASNI

jrandolph25 said:
:confused: I am not sure what to do, Needing many answers..... I arrived here in Fort Collins less than three months ago, my grandfather then sent me $5000 to get started. The check was sent to a trusted person to hold for me and give it too me as need to help with bills and whatever else I needed. I have been paying rent which is $450 which is too include utilities, food, and etc. Well since I have lived here I have for the most part been paying for my own food(have all the recipts) and I don't have cable, or internet, so I am not sure what my utilites are. This trusted person gave me written recipts, that are not signed by me. This trusted person is saying that all my money is gone, and I have no clue where it is at. I recieved $2000 to begin and the $3000 that is left is in question, now from the $3000 rent has been deducted and two payments for my furniture. I have had to take out two loans, to help pay bills. I have bills that are overdue including my two loans, and I do not know what to do. Can anyone help me? I don't have any money to really afford a lawyer, but I could sure use the help.....
Where did you arrive in Fort Collins from? Do you know how to fill out employment forms?

jrandolph25

San Diego

I am oigianlly from San Diego, California and Employment forms? I had a job, but got laid off and I have an interview for another... I am not sure if I understand, please help

ENASNI

jrandolph25 said:
I am oigianlly from San Diego, California and Employment forms? I had a job, but got laid off and I have an interview for another... I am not sure if I understand, please help

Look I am not heartless and when I see the word "help" it bothers me.

You are not being too clear but let me try to get this.

Three (3) months ago you came to CO from CA (on a whim?)

The job you had paid rent and food?
What did the $2000.00 you got initially go to?

recieved $2000 to begin and the $3000 that is left is in question, now from the $3000 rent has been deducted and two payments for my furniture.
If the $3000.00 that is left is in question, how has rent been deducted and furniture payments?

Please try to make this clearer. I am getting that you think this "trusted friend" has gyped you but... that is all I am getting.

But it is Happy Hour down here in San Diego, the town you left. So I might not be thinking about your situation as much as I am about a Gimlet... sorry.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">