• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Negligence And Abuse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Electric

What is the name of your state? Minnesota

My former lawyer Did Not give me satisfaction when he was working on a case for me in the past. I paid him $1,500 for his retainer fee, and before I paid him the $1,500 he knew everything about what I told him what I wanted done. After I retained him I had told him that I wanted to file a case in court against the person I wanted to sue. He turns around and tells me that it's not the right time to file a case, and to trust him, and that I may not need to go to court. The person I was sueing was already playing games with me, and my former lawyer knew this as well. Me being New dealing with attorneys I trusted my former lawyer, and by me doing so I Believe I got taken by my own former lawyer.

My former lawyer charged me time and a half on everything he's done which I know better that He Did Not. Plus he charged me time and a half on the calls I made to him, I have a timer on my phone and I Know how long I talked to my former lawyer. He only made a few calls on my behalf, read some emails, and he typed out a summons and complaint at the very last hundred I had left in my retainer with him. When I got my invoices from him everything was charged double. The agreement says I will be charged for Time Spent On The Case. It said Nothing about being charged for overtime on everything to the best of my understanding. I had called him about the over charges, and he told me that he doesn't want to discuss my dispute with him and that he rather talk to his multi-million dollar clients than with me. I Believe that was a discriminating attitude that came to the light, but I was good enough for a quick $1,500...hmmmm.

So I filed a complaint at the attorney general's office, and they wrote back saying they have no jurisdiction over private attorneys..no luck there.

I filed a complaint with the lawyer's professional responsibility board..now here's the Crazy part with them, they will Not investigate the former lawyer becuase they feel my complaint wasn't Extreme enough....no luck there either. BS I tells you.

I filed a complaint at the state commissioner's office they have jurisdicition on the lawyer's professional responsibility board...the commissioner wrote me back saying he don't have the power to make the lawyer's board to investigate my complaint... BS I tells you.

So I ask anyone who reads this...do I have a case against my former attorney since he done all this to me?

Do I have a case against the lawyer's board since they failed to investigate?

Do I have a case against the state commissioner since he Lied and won't allow the lawyers board to investigate?

I look forward to anyone's help. Thank You :)
What is the name of your state?

seniorjudge

Electric said:
What is the name of your state? Minnesota

My former lawyer Did Not give me satisfaction when he was working on a case for me in the past. I paid him $1,500 for his retainer fee, and before I paid him the $1,500 he knew everything about what I told him what I wanted done. After I retained him I had told him that I wanted to file a case in court against the person I wanted to sue. He turns around and tells me that it's not the right time to file a case, and to trust him, and that I may not need to go to court. The person I was sueing was already playing games with me, and my former lawyer knew this as well. Me being New dealing with attorneys I trusted my former lawyer, and by me doing so I Believe I got taken by my own former lawyer.

My former lawyer charged me time and a half on everything he's done which I know better that He Did Not. Plus he charged me time and a half on the calls I made to him, I have a timer on my phone and I Know how long I talked to my former lawyer. He only made a few calls on my behalf, read some emails, and he typed out a summons and complaint at the very last hundred I had left in my retainer with him. When I got my invoices from him everything was charged double. The agreement says I will be charged for Time Spent On The Case. It said Nothing about being charged for overtime on everything to the best of my understanding. I had called him about the over charges, and he told me that he doesn't want to discuss my dispute with him and that he rather talk to his multi-million dollar clients than with me. I Believe that was a discriminating attitude that came to the light, but I was good enough for a quick $1,500...hmmmm.

So I filed a complaint at the attorney general's office, and they wrote back saying they have no jurisdiction over private attorneys..no luck there.

I filed a complaint with the lawyer's professional responsibility board..now here's the Crazy part with them, they will Not investigate the former lawyer becuase they feel my complaint wasn't Extreme enough....no luck there either. BS I tells you.

I filed a complaint at the state commissioner's office they have jurisdicition on the lawyer's professional responsibility board...the commissioner wrote me back saying he don't have the power to make the lawyer's board to investigate my complaint... BS I tells you.

So I ask anyone who reads this...do I have a case against my former attorney since he done all this to me?

Do I have a case against the lawyer's board since they failed to investigate?

Do I have a case against the state commissioner since he Lied and won't allow the lawyers board to investigate?

I look forward to anyone's help. Thank You :)
What is the name of your state?

You have no case against anyone.

Electric

to Seniorjudge

Hahahahah...I would expect that response from you since you are a prosecutor.

I'm looking for help Not put downs and negativity.

Electric

TO ANYONE ELSE WHO READS MY POSTS.

IF YOU HAVE NO ADVICE TO GIVE ME ON HOW TO PERSUE MY CASE PLEASE DO NOT BOTHER TO REPLY.

NO LAWYER HAVE NO DAMN RIGHT TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ANY CLIENT.

ANYONE WHO SAYS I HAVE NO CASE IS EITHER PLAYING DEVIL'S ADVOCATE OR DIDN'T READ MY WHOLE POST"CAREFULLY" OR DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON.

weenor

Electric said:
weenor

How do you know? Are you a lawyer?
Yes. Your lawyer didn't charge you overtime...lawyers bill for parts of an hour not by the minute...if you talked to him for 6 minutes he likely charged for 1/4 of hour...You got your accounting and sent it the bar with your complaint. They didn't find anything wrong....so you are the one with the problem because you didn't understand how your lawyer was billing you. Now you want to complain? whatever.

Electric

WEENOR

YEA YEA WHATEVER I DIDN'T AGREE TO 1/4 OF A HOUR I AGREED TO TIME ACTUALLY SPENT WORKING AND TALKING WITH ME O.K?
THAT'S WHAT MY AGREEMENT SAID O.K?

weenor

Electric said:
WEENOR

YEA YEA WHATEVER I DIDN'T AGREE TO 1/4 OF A HOUR I AGREED TO TIME ACTUALLY SPENT WORKING AND TALKING WITH ME O.K?
THAT'S WHAT MY AGREEMENT SAID O.K?

No it didn't...either you are lying or you are too stupid to understand the agreement.

Electric

WEENOR

DO YOU KNOW WHAT ALL RETAINER AGREEMENTS SAY FROM ALL 50 STATES? DO YOU PRACTICE LAW IN 50 STATES?
ARE YOU MY PAST LAWYER POSING AS WEENOR?

IF YOU SAY NO TO ONE OR ALL THESE QUESTIONS THEN SHUT THE HELL UP O.K?

EITHER YOU'RE TOO STUPID TO UNDERSTAND WHERE I'M COMING FROM OR YOU JUST WANNA BE A *******.

Just Blue

Electric said:
WEENOR

DO YOU KNOW WHAT ALL RETAINER AGREEMENTS SAY FROM ALL 50 STATES? DO YOU PRACTICE LAW IN 50 STATES?
ARE YOU MY PAST LAWYER POSING AS WEENOR?

IF YOU SAY NO TO ONE OR ALL THESE QUESTIONS THEN SHUT THE HELL UP O.K?

EITHER YOU'RE TOO STUPID TO UNDERSTAND WHERE I'M COMING FROM OR YOU JUST WANNA BE A *******.

Are you mentally ill?:confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">