• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor cuts hedge on my side of fence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jrretrac

What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA. My neighbor recently (in the last Month) clear-cut his property to open up his view and build a fence. He had a survey done to make sure the new fence was on the boundary line. The tree service asked me if they could haul the brush/away using my property since it would make acess much easier for them. I said yes. The brush and all was cleared away then the fence was built. The cutting was pretty much along the property line. Today I noticed that the area between our properties was more "open". I noticed some tree branches on my proprety that helped to serve as a privacy screen had been cut and that there was a large slash pile on HIS side of the fence (which had been previously cleared.) I can only assume that he cut tree branches on my side of the new fence to further enhance his view. Then he had the brush piled on his side of the fence thinking that I would not notice. This neighbor has a history with the neighborhood of "dong what he wants" including draining his swimming pool on my neighbors property, cutting down a large oak on another neighbor's property "with their permission" which wasn't given, etc. What leagal steps should I take?

jrretrac

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">