• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Crybaby grass boy.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mister_s

What is the name of your state? Illinois
ILLINOIS

My neighbor Dave, whom I thought was cool, called the City and Police on me for parking on a patch of grass in our front yard. He did not come to me first with his complaint. Our driveways are next to eachother...his is right against the lot line and ours is about 5' or so from the lot line allowing for a patch of grass to grow between. They have a 2 car driveway and we have a one car driveway. I would sometimes park with the right side of my vehicle on the grass so my wife could get around me. I have since stopped doing that because of this jerk. He then came over the other day in the freezing weather at night to let me know that driving on the grass kills the grass. I looked over at a (snow) track from my wife's car that went onto our grass patch. I went off on him telling him that we are 29-30 years old and he should be worrying about more important things than a patch of frozen grass....like his relationship with his neighbor. I ended up shutting the door on him because I was freezing and tired of his crybaby grass talk. Anyway my question is...Does he have the right to have his driveway right on the lot line, when if I went through the permit process, I know that I would need to have it 3' from the lot line? He opens his crybaby door over our yard everyday and walks on the crybaby grass to get in his crybaby purple truck with his Hemi engine. I wish I could just smack him like a bitc_ and get it over with.
Thanks for any advice or suggestions. I have already thought of tearing up the grass, but don't want to stoop to that level.

PghREA

You can park on YOUR grass if you want to. You're kind of being a "crybaby"
complaining about him. Both of you need to grow up.

JETX

mister_s said:
Does he have the right to have his driveway right on the lot line, when if I went through the permit process, I know that I would need to have it 3' from the lot line?
Of course we can't answer your stupid question without knowing EXACTLY what your local zoning permit requirements say!!!

mister_s

I wish I could. The City has an ordinace against parking on the grass which I am now aware. I don't think I am being a crybaby. I wouldn't care either way if I wasn't having the Police come to my door over something so stupid. Thanks for the advice though.

S

shell007

mister_s said:
I wish I could. The City has an ordinace against parking on the grass which I am now aware. I don't think I am being a crybaby. I wouldn't care either way if I wasn't having the Police come to my door over something so stupid. Thanks for the advice though.
How did you find out the City Ordinance in the last 15 minutes or so since your original Post?

If you knew the ordinance, why did you come here looking for an answer you already had?

mister_s

I already knew that you need to be 3' from property line and I found out that that was an ordinance when the Police gave it to me. I want to know what can be done about the neighbor's existing driveway that is right on the line. Man it's like pulling teeth around here. Don't respond if you are a moron please.

Last edited:
S

shell007

mister_s said:
I already knew that you need to be 3' from property line. I want to know what can be done about the neighbor's existing driveway that is right on the line. Man it's like pulling teeth around here. Don't respond if you are a moron please.

Your pretty new around here to be calling names and pushing your weight around aren't ya??

Stop parking on the grass!! THERE PROBLEM SOLVED!

justalayman

Well you now know you cannot park on the grass.
His drive is not conforming to code.
He is a pain in the ***.

Now what to do about it.?

deleted post because OP got stupid.

Last edited:
S

shell007

mister_s said:
The Noble one has spoken. I bow to you King but still wish to find an answer.
I'm a Queen not a King, but Thank you!!!:)

JETX

mister_s said:
Thankyou, Layman, for a real answer. I at least know one thing that can be done.
So, what exactly do you KNOW can be done??
Of course, you don't know anything about it.... and are too stupid to even know that you don't know!!!

Google 'grandfathered requirement'.
Google 'variance'.

S

shell007

JETX said:
So, what exactly do you KNOW can be done??
Of course, you don't know anything about it.... and are too stupid to even know that you don't know!!!

Google 'grandfathered requirement'.
Google 'variance'.
Layman gave the OP a good detailed answer, but then went back in and deleted it.

I think the OP read the answer before Justalayman could get it deleted.
Too Bad!!

mister_s

I can't help feel like I am being attacked. I will let you guys attack some other people. Have fun. :)
Not everyone can be as smart as you.
They should call this site... ask a question and get attacked.
It is great fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">