• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jw4

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

Ok here is the deal. An ex-girlfriend and I had got into a fight on night and I had broke her window on ehr car. I have paid to have it fixed and have proof that I paid for it. Also it was three months ago or more! So my first question is since I have paid for this is she able to press charges and still come after me for this.

Second same person, new situation. She helped me this past sumemr with bills and such. She says she is going to get a lawyer to get this money back and to press charges against the window thing. Now my question regarding this is. Is she able to come after me for this money that I supposedly owe her. I told her I wont pay her anything because they were gifts. I told her I would pay her money if she padi for $300 worth of jewelry she threw awy the night we got into a fight. She says no because she gave me all my christmas gifts. I told her i didnt want them but she insisted. Im sure this is a huge mess and im sure im missing something. If anyone out there coudl help me Ifreaking in my boots. Because I feel she is jsut scaring me but I dont knwo if she realy has a case. Anyone please help thanks

seniorjudge

jw4 said:
What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

Ok here is the deal. An ex-girlfriend and I had got into a fight on night and I had broke her window on ehr car. I have paid to have it fixed and have proof that I paid for it. Also it was three months ago or more! So my first question is since I have paid for this is she able to press charges and still come after me for this.

Second same person, new situation. She helped me this past sumemr with bills and such. She says she is going to get a lawyer to get this money back and to press charges against the window thing. Now my question regarding this is. Is she able to come after me for this money that I supposedly owe her. I told her I wont pay her anything because they were gifts. I told her I would pay her money if she padi for $300 worth of jewelry she threw awy the night we got into a fight. She says no because she gave me all my christmas gifts. I told her i didnt want them but she insisted. Im sure this is a huge mess and im sure im missing something. If anyone out there coudl help me Ifreaking in my boots. Because I feel she is jsut scaring me but I dont knwo if she realy has a case. Anyone please help thanks

She can file criminal charges against you for the broken window; whether the cops or the prosecutor would be interested is something I don't know.

She can't ask for the gifts to be returned.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">