• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Want my product/money back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ArleneRae

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I have a small home based business selling skin care/health wellness products. An online "friend" wanted to also do this business but could not get a loan to buy the product she wanted to start the business. I told her I would purchase the product (my credit card), send it to her and she agreed to make monthly payments. I purchased the product ($2,000 retail) and it was sent directly to her. This was in November, 2005. I have not received ANY payments. She began complaining that she couldn't do this.. etc. and she has not made effort to sell the product as far as I can tell.

On Feb 2, I called her and suggested that perhaps this was not the time for her to do this and if she would just send the product back to me that we would call it "even" and there would be no hard feelings. This was on a Friday night. She was VERY happy with this arrangement and said she would send the product back. She said she would DO that as soon as she recieved her tax refund (within 10 days) and that she would also be paying for 2 skin care systems that she wanted to keep (retailing for $300+). She was to call me on February 6 with the credit card information to pay for those 2 items (for her mother and aunt). She never did this On February 9th, I email her and asked if she was still going to be giving me the credit card information as I needed these funds to place another order for my business. She TOTALLY FLIPPED out on me... sent me a very NASTY email... and said I would get my money WHEN she had it... blah blah.... blah...

I sent her a very nice email back (feb 10) and told her I was so sorry she was stressed out and to just please C.O.D. the product back to me and pay me for what she kept WHEN she had the funds. I have not heard one word from her... she won't answer my phone calls, voice mail or emails.

All I want is my product... I will PAY the shipping charges... what can I do?

seniorjudge

ArleneRae said:
What is the name of your state? Indiana

I have a small home based business selling skin care/health wellness products. An online "friend" wanted to also do this business but could not get a loan to buy the product she wanted to start the business. I told her I would purchase the product (my credit card), send it to her and she agreed to make monthly payments. I purchased the product ($2,000 retail) and it was sent directly to her. This was in November, 2005. I have not received ANY payments. She began complaining that she couldn't do this.. etc. and she has not made effort to sell the product as far as I can tell.

On Feb 2, I called her and suggested that perhaps this was not the time for her to do this and if she would just send the product back to me that we would call it "even" and there would be no hard feelings. This was on a Friday night. She was VERY happy with this arrangement and said she would send the product back. She said she would DO that as soon as she recieved her tax refund (within 10 days) and that she would also be paying for 2 skin care systems that she wanted to keep (retailing for $300+). She was to call me on February 6 with the credit card information to pay for those 2 items (for her mother and aunt). She never did this On February 9th, I email her and asked if she was still going to be giving me the credit card information as I needed these funds to place another order for my business. She TOTALLY FLIPPED out on me... sent me a very NASTY email... and said I would get my money WHEN she had it... blah blah.... blah...

I sent her a very nice email back (feb 10) and told her I was so sorry she was stressed out and to just please C.O.D. the product back to me and pay me for what she kept WHEN she had the funds. I have not heard one word from her... she won't answer my phone calls, voice mail or emails.

All I want is my product... I will PAY the shipping charges... what can I do?
The old income tax refund story. Man, that's a classic!

Anyway, you don't say where this crook is but sue her in small claims court if she's close.

If not, then chalk it up to a very expensive lesson: don't loan money unless the borrower gives you collateral worth more than the loan.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">