• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Phone Taps

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

searchingsd

Any information about “Phone Taps” is appreciated.

For Example:
If the police want to “Tap” my phone and listen and/or record my conversations, can they do this without the help of the phone company?

If I where to call the phone company and ask, “Are there any Federal or State agencies such as the San Diego police department listening to my phone conversations? Simply, Is my phone being tapped?) Will they give me an honest answer? Is the phone company required by law to give me an honest answer?

What happens if I change my phone number or phone service provider? Would it create more work for the cops?

The telephone lines are above ground in my neighborhood. Are there any visual signs of a Phone Tap?

Are Phone Taps similar to Search Warrents? How long can the police Tap your phone before they have to re-establish another Tap?

Finally, but most importantly, is there any way to know for sure if the police are listening and or recording my conversations?

Anything and Everything helps. Thanks for your time!

g

asdf

With someone's help you could have a conversation, making plans to do something illegal over your phone. Say, arrange a drug deal with him, and see if the cops show up. You'll probably be guilty of something though, so be careful.

Hey,you guys, how about some legal advice, I'm curious too.

L

loriron

have you got any answers?

Hey neighbor, I'm in Dana Point area. The cops can do anything they want here, so whats stopping them from doing it there?
Do they answer you by E-mail or something? I am wondering if I should look somewhere else for some help. Nobody seems to get that many answers.
Lori

L

LadyFable

It is my understanding that the police must obtain a court order to tap your phone lines. Whether or not they will tell you if it is tappped I can't answer that. If you are doing nothing wrong, I wouldn't worry about it. I doubt they can get a court order to tap the line without just cause.. If you are engaging in criminal activity, I would highly suggest that you be careful.....

I am not a lawyer,,, I merely voice my opinion..

L

lukewall

They Can do Anything with Phone taps these days
hell don't use your cordless Phone they can hear that if the wanted to.
and so can you (*BUT DON'T BRAG ABOUT IT JUST LISTEN*)
I Agree Were Are All the L A W Y E R S At !!
Lots of post No Replies.

racer72

Go to Yahoo and do a search of "phone taps". Some very good sites are available. But as an old saying goes, stupid enough to do the crime, stupid enough to do the time. Don't use your phone for an illegal activity and there is nothing they can do.

C

cleopatra0320

I was once told that when someone records a conversation, that they have to make some audible sound(like a beep). That was what I was told

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">