• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Spousal support of disabled spouse in CA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CA Dog Mom

I worked 8.5 yrs of our 11 yr marriage now ending in divorce. Made 2X his income. Disabled permanently 2.5 yrs ago. On small SSDI income. LTD plan paid 2 yrs, now I'm sueing for continued payments that stopped 6 months ago.

When calculating what he owes me for spousal support, I understand that it is from disposable income. We are selling our home and will not have expenses known. How will it be calculated in the absense of known expenses? I will be staying with friends initially and will not know my housing costs or other associated expenses.

Also, with a dissolution I will lose medical coverage, a disaster for me. Can he be ordered to provide medical insurance as well?

Thank you very much.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">