• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Texas Real Estate Law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

catherine_tx

6 yrs ago I purchased a house in Texas. Both the house and the lot next door had the same fence going around both although the lot next door was not included in the sale. Since then the fence has remained intact and I have maintained the property within it, mowing, landscaping, etc. Since 1 year before my purchase the taxes on the lot next door have not been paid and the owner of record can not be located. Is there some law in Texas that would enable me to pay the taxes and penalties that are in arrears for 7 years and thereby be enabled to have a legally recognized lien or claim to this lot? Thank you.What is the name of your state?

HappyHusband

catherine_tx said:
6 yrs ago I purchased a house in Texas. Both the house and the lot next door had the same fence going around both although the lot next door was not included in the sale. Since then the fence has remained intact and I have maintained the property within it, mowing, landscaping, etc. Since 1 year before my purchase the taxes on the lot next door have not been paid and the owner of record can not be located. Is there some law in Texas that would enable me to pay the taxes and penalties that are in arrears for 7 years and thereby be enabled to have a legally recognized lien or claim to this lot? Thank you.What is the name of your state?
You can bid on the property when it is auctioned off in a sheriff's sale for failure to pay taxes by original owner.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">