• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How long can a claim be dragged out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gidget47

I was injured at my place of employment and had 5 witnesses in court that this really did happen and have gone though 2 surgeries and have been getting worse over the years since this has happened with degenerative disc disease and arthritis setting in and it has been going on since 1990 and I have filed several appeals, but the last one my attorney messed up and didn't file the appeal on time so I lost my benefits in 1996 and have been appealing trying to get reinstated ever since. There is alot more involved with this but what I can't understand is how they can just keep dragging this out with all the evidence and medical history that I have built up over the years. I was approved for Social Security Disability in 1995 and have been getting monthly checks but I want this claim to get settled and they just keep coming up with things they say I or my attorney didn't do right. I don't know if it's the carrier just trying to drag it out as long as they can or my attorney that's been incompetent and misrepresenting me. I am at a loss and just tired of all the waiting and everybody keeps telling me to get another attorney and fire the one I have now. I was with this company for 20 years before this happened and the last time I went off work and stayed off after trying to work again, was in 1997 and after 2 years they sent me a letter saying I was no longer employed by them because I was off more than 2 years and that was their policy, even tho I still have a workers compensation claim open. I just want what I have coming to me, I'm only 47 and will be like this the rest of my life and I am very frustrated and depressed over this whole thing. I need some answers as to what my options are to getting this thing moving and over with. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I Live in Pennsylvania.

L

LadyBlu

gidget47 said:
I was injured at my place of employment and had 5 witnesses in court that this really did happen and have gone though 2 surgeries and have been getting worse over the years since this has happened with degenerative disc disease and arthritis setting in and it has been going on since 1990 and I have filed several appeals, but the last one my attorney messed up and didn't file the appeal on time so I lost my benefits in 1996 and have been appealing trying to get reinstated ever since. There is alot more involved with this but what I can't understand is how they can just keep dragging this out with all the evidence and medical history that I have built up over the years. I was approved for Social Security Disability in 1995 and have been getting monthly checks but I want this claim to get settled and they just keep coming up with things they say I or my attorney didn't do right. I don't know if it's the carrier just trying to drag it out as long as they can or my attorney that's been incompetent and misrepresenting me. I am at a loss and just tired of all the waiting and everybody keeps telling me to get another attorney and fire the one I have now. I was with this company for 20 years before this happened and the last time I went off work and stayed off after trying to work again, was in 1997 and after 2 years they sent me a letter saying I was no longer employed by them because I was off more than 2 years and that was their policy, even tho I still have a workers compensation claim open. I just want what I have coming to me, I'm only 47 and will be like this the rest of my life and I am very frustrated and depressed over this whole thing. I need some answers as to what my options are to getting this thing moving and over with. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I Live in Pennsylvania.

You should start by consulting with other WC Attorney's and explaining where your case is stalled at. I understand your frustration and depression, I am 35 and havig to deal with the same issues and it does get disheartening. You at least have your SSI, I was turned down for mine and am in the reconsideration process.

I would very seriously consider finding another atty at this point though, as it seems that this atty does not feel your case is important enough to process the paperwork in the time frames he is supposed to.

Good Luck to you..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">