• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jb2001

I want to know if it is possible that a woman has to stay with her husband if he is disabled and cant get a job or take care of himself, like say she wants a divorce, can she have one or not, since she helped him recover after he went through an accident at work, but now she wants a divorce because she is not satisfied with the marriage? Also add the fact that he wants to go back to school for 2 years to get his degree in accounting still disabled, if they get a divorce does she have to pay for the schooling since he doesnt have a job now? I live in Texas. Please help

[Edited by jb2001 on 12-11-2000 at 02:58 AM]

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

jb2001 said:
I want to know if it is possible that a woman has to stay with her husband if he is disabled and cant get a job or take care of himself, like say she wants a divorce, can she have one or not, since she helped him recover after he went through an accident at work, but now she wants a divorce because she is not satisfied with the marriage? Also add the fact that he wants to go back to school for 2 years to get his degree in accounting still disabled, if they get a divorce does she have to pay for the schooling since he doesnt have a job now? Please Help Me!
My response:

Do you see that writing in RED up there? Without your State name, or the name of the State where the problem happened, it would be difficult to assist you. Laws are different everywhere.

IAAL

S

SSfamily

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE maybe you should re-read what she said .. She lives in TEXAS

LegalBeagle

SSfamily said:
I AM ALWAYS LIABLE maybe you should re-read what she said .. She lives in TEXAS
For someone on these boards asking for help, you sure like to limit your options. If you READ, you will see the poster added the state AFTER IAAL had replied.. this is OBVIOUS by the quoted text IAAL posted.

Maybe you should re-read the thread..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">