• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lawyer falsifying cour paperwork?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dica

What is the name of your state? NC

I was served with a Complaint recently and feel that there is something 'sneaky' going on.
The Complaint is numbered at the BOTTOM of the pages and is five pages long. At the end it is dated Dec 20th, 2005. The page immediately after this is from a fax where the Plaintiff signed (in front of a notary) stating that all the above statements are true. The Plaintiff is in California and the date on this page is Dec 8th, 2005...almost two weeks BEFORE the complaint was written. Also, at the TOP of the page where the Plaintiff signed, the page number says "4 of 4", meaning the first three pages of whatever it was she signed wasn't included as part of the Complaint, and this is clearly from something else because if this page was part of the Complaint it would have been page 6 of 6.

I am having to represent myself in court and just want to get this all behind me, but they're throwing some expensive, big-time lawyer at me who has already done some shady things. Could this be considered falsifying court documents and the lawyer be accused of perjury for this? Could this be something that could get him disbarred?

Thanks in advance for any help.What is the name of your state?

seniorjudge

Dica said:
What is the name of your state? NC

I was served with a Complaint recently and feel that there is something 'sneaky' going on.
The Complaint is numbered at the BOTTOM of the pages and is five pages long. At the end it is dated Dec 20th, 2005. The page immediately after this is from a fax where the Plaintiff signed (in front of a notary) stating that all the above statements are true. The Plaintiff is in California and the date on this page is Dec 8th, 2005...almost two weeks BEFORE the complaint was written. Also, at the TOP of the page where the Plaintiff signed, the page number says "4 of 4", meaning the first three pages of whatever it was she signed wasn't included as part of the Complaint, and this is clearly from something else because if this page was part of the Complaint it would have been page 6 of 6.

I am having to represent myself in court and just want to get this all behind me, but they're throwing some expensive, big-time lawyer at me who has already done some shady things. Could this be considered falsifying court documents and the lawyer be accused of perjury for this? Could this be something that could get him disbarred?

Thanks in advance for any help.What is the name of your state?

Okay, I read and re-read your post.

What is it that you think is shady?

You have a complaint numbered at the bottom and a faxed verification which shows that it is the fourth page of a fax that had three other pages that are none of your business.

So?

Dica

My concerns were that she signed something before it was written, which doesn't make sense to me. How could she sign something stating that it's true when she hasn't even read it?

badapple40

It could easily be written. Chances are the attorney sent her a copy of the complaint, got her affidavit back via fax, then signed it himself, and dated it once everything was in order for service.

Seems to me this was on the up and up, unless you have better evidence that the attorney wrote the complaint after she executed the affidavit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">