• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lost Case in Small Claims...Insurance Denies Payment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PINKYDOG

What is the name of your state? NY

I was involved in an automobile accident that was 100% not my fault. I reported the case to insurance and they offered me a 50% settlement. I refused and took the claim to small case.

In small claims, I lost the case. I cannot appeal. The other insurance company now denies any payment to me.

Do I have any recourse to get any monies back? Thanks.

You Are Guilty

PINKYDOG said:
What is the name of your state? NY

I was involved in an automobile accident that was 100% not my fault. I reported the case to insurance and they offered me a 50% settlement. I refused and took the claim to small case.

In small claims, I lost the case. I cannot appeal. The other insurance company now denies any payment to me.

Do I have any recourse to get any monies back? Thanks.
Just who did you sue and why can't you appeal? (That was your recourse).

However, if you lost and the insurance company is not paying, that's a pretty good sign the accident wasn't "100% not your fault".

badapple40

And that, kids, is why you don't take anything worthwhile to small claims and try to do it yourself.

You chose to try to save a buck and not hire an attorney. You get what you pay for.

PINKYDOG

I sued the owner of the vehicle (NYS SCC procedure) and during the proceedings, I chose arbirtration.

I now regret that choice. :(

The damages were only a few hundreds and not worth the lawyer fees.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">