• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

In Texas can Hubby get divorce without telling wife?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fbm2sem4tl

Hubby ran off with another woman two years ago. Our children are handicapped. Can he get a divorce and remarry without letting me know here in Texas? Are the kids and I entitled to support from him. I had to catch up on all the back taxes and bills he left me with. I paid off the taxes on our property so we could stay here. If he can not legally divorce me and remarry without letting me know, can I file on him? What are my rights? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

usmcfamily

Get your car keys because as soon as you finish reading this post you are going to an attorneys office and starting the proceedings of divorce against your husband. Your children are fully entitled to support from your husband and he is olbigated to pay it --- you need to be collecting this money to be providing for your children.
If he has filed for divorce he is legally responsible to have you served with a copy of his petition so you should know he has done so -- the only loophole is is he had claimed not to know where you are but would have had to show a "good faith" effort to locate you (ie a list of friends/family he contacted, a search of phone books in your area etc....) and so it is unlikely he has done this. You can find out by contacting the state records department and inquiring with them -- if he was granted a divorce it would have been recorded in the state you were married in (he had to provide that info to get a divorce and they are notified so as to be able to record the change of status)....if it is still a legally binding marriage you are going to divorce him!
Good luck and God Bless

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">