• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Service via Certified Mail

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Esther Williams

What is the name of your state? South Carolina

The defendant in my case was served via certified mail. I found out this gives them sixty days to respond instead of the usual thirty days when hand delivered.

The court date is set for approximately four or five days before the sixty day limit is up. Should I press to have the date changed?

Also, I have a hearing regarding an issue in my case coming up. Does the defendant appearing in court for this hearing equate an answer to the claim? Or do they have to answer in writing?

Thank you.

Esther Williams said:
What is the name of your state? South Carolina

The defendant in my case was served via certified mail. I found out this gives them sixty days to respond instead of the usual thirty days when hand delivered.

The court date is set for approximately four or five days before the sixty day limit is up. Should I press to have the date changed?

Also, I have a hearing regarding an issue in my case coming up. Does the defendant appearing in court for this hearing equate an answer to the claim? Or do they have to answer in writing?

Thank you.
Esther, could you keep all your posts together, You can get answers but you might get the most information if all your information is in one thread.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">