• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to sue wedding videographer in small claims

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

malone

We contracted our videographer to do our wedding video in August 2004. We finally received the finished video on January 1, 2006 and were very disappointed in the finish product. There were several technical errors. I emailed our videographerto ask them to reedit the video and to give us the revised video by February 18, 2006 or else provide us a full refund of $1,239.40 paid in June 2004 (via credit card).

I recieved a response saying that she will not give us that refund and that she will edit the video, but cannot give us a time to expect it. Basically she rudely stated that we either wait for the edited video, or that's it.

Can we sue her in small claims court for the refund? At this point, I'm too annoyed to wait for the edited version.

Also, if we do decide to sue, what should we do in order to have a strong case for the judge?

Thank you!

malone said:
We contracted our videographer to do our wedding video in August 2004. We finally received the finished video on January 1, 2006 and were very disappointed in the finish product. There were several technical errors. I emailed our videographerto ask them to reedit the video and to give us the revised video by February 18, 2006 or else provide us a full refund of $1,239.40 paid in June 2004 (via credit card).

I recieved a response saying that she will not give us that refund and that she will edit the video, but cannot give us a time to expect it. Basically she rudely stated that we either wait for the edited video, or that's it.

Can we sue her in small claims court for the refund? At this point, I'm too annoyed to wait for the edited version.

Also, if we do decide to sue, what should we do in order to have a strong case for the judge?

Thank you!
Wow that is some slow feedback, I can understand your frustration.

However, what does your contract say?

S

shell007

If you want a FULL REFUND, you better be willing to hand over the video.

malone

my contract says that they'll edit the video at no charge if it's their fault. the editing i wanted done was all their mistakes (audio and video doesn't match etc) so it's not like i'm trying to add or delete footage from it.

i'm fine with handing the video back to them. at this point, i'm just so frustrated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">