• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

right of way

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bobethany

What is the name of your state? Ohio
I own 5 acres that is accessed by a right of way to my property (Recorded on my deed). There are 80 acres behind me that has sold and they are asking for a right of way from me through to their property. Who has permission to give this? Can I grant them access from the road or do they have to get permission form the landowner that my right of way is through and then from me on my section or can I grant the entire access?

HomeGuru

bobethany said:
What is the name of your state? Ohio
I own 5 acres that is accessed by a right of way to my property (Recorded on my deed). There are 80 acres behind me that has sold and they are asking for a right of way from me through to their property. Who has permission to give this?

**A: you do if they want to access upon your property for ingress/egress.
If they want to use the right of way, the owner of the property that the row sits on needs to give permission.

Can I grant them access from the road or do they have to get permission form the landowner that my right of way is through and then from me on my section or can I grant the entire access?
**A: unless your right of way agreement states otherwise, you do not have the right to give permission to others since you are not the landowner.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">