• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

You owe me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

leehigh

What is the name of your state? Georgia
When I was in Labor with my last child, the doctor told me, on the phone, to go to a different hospital for delivery, that she had checked with the insurance company and it would be covered, well it wasent, i had to pay over $900 out of my pocket instead of the $200 it i had gone to the original hospital where i was preregistered. Is this worth taking to small claims court? I have made several attempts to contact the doctor office and they keep stalling, what do i do? My child is 2 yrs old but it has been almost 2 yrs seen I learned about the bill. is it too late?

leehigh said:
What is the name of your state? Georgia
When I was in Labor with my last child, the doctor told me, on the phone, to go to a different hospital for delivery, that she had checked with the insurance company and it would be covered, well it wasent, i had to pay over $900 out of my pocket instead of the $200 it i had gone to the original hospital where i was preregistered. Is this worth taking to small claims court? I have made several attempts to contact the doctor office and they keep stalling, what do i do? My child is 2 yrs old but it has been almost 2 yrs seen I learned about the bill. is it too late?

Hi Leehigh,

It is my belief (and trust me, I will be told if I am wrong) that you can't sue a second party for a debt that they have not incurred. I just confused myself.

I am not sure that is the exact wording, what I mean is the Dr. did not borrow from you or give you a service that they did not follow through on.
(even though in your eyes you think they did).

Ergg... Let us hope this bumped up for one of the "Big Guns" to come and make my messy post clearer.

Oh BIG GUNS... where are you. Come tell me how WRONG I AM. :p

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">