• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fence on my property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ace

What is the name of your state? Pa.

I have owned my home for 28 years. The house behind my house had installed a fence dividing our property lines which was already built when I bought the house. I have learned that the fence my neighbor put up is actually on my property. My property line is 3 feet past the fence. They have fenced off 3 feet of my property, what can I do about it. Does my neighbor now own that extra 3 feet since he fenced it off 30 years ago?

seniorjudge

Ace said:
What is the name of your state? Pa.

I have owned my home for 28 years. The house behind my house had installed a fence dividing our property lines which was already built when I bought the house. I have learned that the fence my neighbor put up is actually on my property. My property line is 3 feet past the fence. They have fenced off 3 feet of my property, what can I do about it. Does my neighbor now own that extra 3 feet since he fenced it off 30 years ago?
What did the survey and the title report say about your questions?

Ace

Fence on My Property

It was 28 years ago. How do I find out who was the title company?

seniorjudge

Ace said:
It was 28 years ago. How do I find out who was the title company?
It may be impossible now; so, I suggest you have a title company run a title search and give you a title report (NOT title insurance) on the legal description that you give them (which will come off the survey).

You then should carry that title report and survey to a real estate attorney and hire that attorney to help you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">