• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Questions about court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ff3508

What is the name of your state?
California
Hi if someone can help me out, I would really appreciate it.
I went to the court for advice and they told me to file it with the federal court and select pro-ce(probably spelt wrong) method to sue the person I want to sue. I don't know what he was talking about but maybe some of you know what he means and can you explain to me how I do this.
Thank you very much
Derek

ff3508 said:
What is the name of your state?
California
Hi if someone can help me out, I would really appreciate it.
I went to the court for advice and they told me to file it with the federal court and select pro-ce(probably spelt wrong) method to sue the person I want to sue. I don't know what he was talking about but maybe some of you know what he means and can you explain to me how I do this.
Thank you very much
Derek
Hi Derek.

It is "Pro Se"

Yeah, it would be helpful for you to be able to spell it, then you could use my friend [URL="http://www.google.com/"]GOOGLE[/URL]

[URL="http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/selfhelp/glossary.htm"]HERE YOU GO[/URL]

Wait for some "Big Guns" to give you some in depth (and scary) info about Pro Se.

ff3508

Thanks for the help with the spelling but seriously I don't know anything about law and this is completely foreign to me which is why I seek your help.

So how do I sue using the federal court pro se, do I need to get a lawyer or can I use myself. My english isn't this good at all too, so I probably need an interpreter( does that cost money). Please help me out. Thank you
Derek

ff3508 said:
Thanks for the help with the spelling but seriously I don't know anything about law and this is completely foreign to me which is why I seek your help.

So how do I sue using the federal court pro se, do I need to get a lawyer or can I use myself. My english isn't this good at all too, so I probably need an interpreter( does that cost money). Please help me out. Thank you
Derek

How is your latin Derek?

pro se: Refers to persons that present their own cases in court without lawyers; from the Latin for "on one's own behalf."

You need to see if you can get some help maybe from a local law school?

Also do you know about this site. [URL="http://www.freetranslation.com/"]CLICK HERE[/URL]

Last edited:

ff3508

If you are picking on me, I don't need this. Please leave me alone. I have nothing against you. If you can't help me, please please stop replying tho this thread, I need help not criticism. Even if my questions are amatuer, I'm trying to learn here.

ff3508 said:
If you are picking on me, I don't need this. Please leave me alone. I have nothing against you. If you can't help me, please please stop replying tho this thread, I need help not criticism. Even if my questions are amatuer, I'm trying to learn here.

Something is really getting lost in translation. I am not picking on you, I am trying to help you.

But I will stop posting and hopefully someone "nicer" than me will come here.

Cross your fingers, bye Derek.

ff3508

I live in Sacramento California.

Please if someone can help me answer these questions, it will be very much appreciated.

1. How do I sue using federal court, pro se? Can I file it online?
2. Are the interpreters free and how much does it cost to sue in this court?

If these questions or anything I wrote is offensive to you, I'm sorry because I've no intention on doing that. I just want some help.
Thank you for reading this.
Derek

dcatz

OP -
You're in the Small Claims forum and you're asking about taking a case to Federal Court. You might want to explain (briefly) what issue(s) you're suing over and for how much in damages.

No, interpreters aren't free, and you'll probably want to check with the Court about filing fees, because the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure were revised as of the first of the year, and chances are good that fees changed as well.

Perhaps most importantly, let me direct you to the FRCP, that you can review here:
http://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/frcp/

These are the Rules that will govern your suit. You are likely to find that you are well-served by having an attorney represent you, and the cost of that may bear on your continuing. Still, if you're determined, I suggest that you contact the Sacramento Bar Association to see if you can get some pro bono (free) or low cost assistance, as you proceed.

badapple40 said:
Pro se is latin for "you have no case."

:D

Be careful Badfruitguy, Derek doesn't like it if you "pick" on him.

By the way Derek, Why in your past postings did you understand English so much better?

I tried to help you, and you were a Jerk to me. But you know:D I don't care because I just had the best lunch and gonna take me a nap.

Understand THAT?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">