• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need Help Plzzzz

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

christie

What is the name of your state? Mississippi.

Hi im not sure where to post this but here goes:
I bought a car from a friend and it didnt have a title because the girl that he got it from she owed money to him for him buying groceries for her because she couldnt afford to buy groceries for her and her baby so she pawned the car to him for the price of the groceries and now she didnt pay him back so he kept the car. the only thing that was wrong with the car was the motor mount was broken and it only costed 10.00 wow thats cheap and i only paid 200.00 for the car

and he sold the car to me and im trying to get the title to the car its a good running little car its a 1991 Saturn and its white in color. and i went friday and got a bonded title form for it i paid 90.00 for it. now i have to get the guy to sign a bill of sale and i dont know where he lives at he give me a written receipt for what i paid for it but it wasnt a bill of sale :( but the receipt he give me it wasnt good enough for the court house arghhhh :mad:

i have tried contacting the girl who owned the car and i dont know where she lives at or phone number or anything :confused: :confused:

Can someone give me some advice on what to do ?????

someone told me that i could go to the court house and file for abandoned vehicle left in my yard and i would have my title after 30 days after it runs in the paper what do you think about this :p the person that told me this he had to do the same thing to a car one time and he said noone want claim the car after it runs in the paper and he said that if someone claims it ask 1,000.00 for it that way i would get my money back for what i paid for it and storage fees for it setting in my yard and parts and labor

i would appreciate any feed back ...

Christie

seniorjudge

christie said:
What is the name of your state? Mississippi.

Hi im not sure where to post this but here goes:
I bought a car from a friend and it didnt have a title because the girl that he got it from she owed money to him for him buying groceries for her because she couldnt afford to buy groceries for her and her baby so she pawned the car to him for the price of the groceries and now she didnt pay him back so he kept the car. the only thing that was wrong with the car was the motor mount was broken and it only costed 10.00 wow thats cheap and i only paid 200.00 for the car

and he sold the car to me and im trying to get the title to the car its a good running little car its a 1991 Saturn and its white in color. and i went friday and got a bonded title form for it i paid 90.00 for it. now i have to get the guy to sign a bill of sale and i dont know where he lives at he give me a written receipt for what i paid for it but it wasnt a bill of sale :( but the receipt he give me it wasnt good enough for the court house arghhhh :mad:

i have tried contacting the girl who owned the car and i dont know where she lives at or phone number or anything :confused: :confused:

Can someone give me some advice on what to do ?????

someone told me that i could go to the court house and file for abandoned vehicle left in my yard and i would have my title after 30 days after it runs in the paper what do you think about this :p the person that told me this he had to do the same thing to a car one time and he said noone want claim the car after it runs in the paper and he said that if someone claims it ask 1,000.00 for it that way i would get my money back for what i paid for it and storage fees for it setting in my yard and parts and labor

i would appreciate any feed back ...

Christie

It's not an abandoned vehicle, so you can't do that. There are ways to get declaratory judgments in cases like yours.

It could cost you a lot more than $200 though.

You may have to just sell it for junk and start all over.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">