• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drug Deal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kvm

A very close friend was arrested for selling Marijuana in Maryland. Well... he was approached by two undercover cops and they asked for the drugs... he didn't have any but told the two undercover to check further down the street. A friend of his had some so the friend gave him a nickle bag to pass to the two undercovers and they in returned pass my friend the money to pass to the actual dealer. Later a van of cops came around the corner and arrested my friend and everyone else around the scene of the crime. Question... will my friend have to do time in Jail? Or just what is the most legal actions that can be taken against him. Being that he was not the actual dealer, and nothing was found on him? And a first time affender?

T

TimC

You will probably be charged at LEAST with possession.

You were, in fact, possessing it when you passed it to the undercover officers, right? That is all there is to it. No explanation is necessary. You were caught with the drugs in your possession. Period. That is illegal, and stupid.

The best defense is to not associate with the type of scum that even come in contact with drugs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">