• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

minx02

What is the name of your state? Ky

Recieved a summons for failure to pay. My issue is the company said they accepted credit cards. The first payment I used my credit card no problems. On the next payment they said it wouldn't go through I called the credit card company they said the company needed to enter the security code on the back. The company refused to do that and declined my card. I told them I won't pay unless they used my card. Since they accepted payment once with that card wouldn't they have to keep accepting it? Should I dispute this or let them win?

dcatz

My advice would be to let them win, in the sense of just paying them now and not going through the inconvenience of a court appearance.

A jusge might have fun with this. Was there an implied waiver of use of the security code because of the first transaction? Maybe. Questions like that.

But, in the end, if you received good or services, and they haven't been paid for, "on principle", you're going to eventually have to pay. A loss in court will just add court costs and inconvenience to the amount.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">