• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Im so lost please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bladeswife

What is the name of your state? oklahoma
I need some advice.I was a coach of a softball team and we did a few fundraisers together to help pay for equipment,uniforms,etc.Well months before season started one girls mom took her off because she didnt want to move to the filed we were going to and put her on another team.Shortly after that happened we split the team up because girls kept leaving. Now the mom with the daughter that quit is wanting her daughters money from the fundraisers.Well I tried to explain to her that when they quit she forfeited any thing she raised and it stays with the team,for some reason she thinks each girl has thier own account and they dont. All the money is in one bank account with the teamname on it.So now she is taking us to small claims court.I am wanting to find out what all I should take with me that day and also what are the odds of her winning a case like this.I have never been to court so I have no idea what to expect.I have 4 parents from that team that agreed to go with me as witnesses is that good?If she wins do I need to pay her that day or how does that work?If I win can I counter sue her for my gas to and from court and for my wage loss for the time that I was there?Please help me I am so lost,Thanks,Amber Guice

dcatz

OP -

Take your bank register and bank records for the account. You probably won't need to show them, but they're the best evidence of deposits into a single account. Take any other documentation that was used and/or distributed to show how the fundraising would work.

You're witnesses are nice but, unless they play some active role in the banking and/or have personal and direct knowledge of the process, their testimony will be heresay and given little weight, if it gets in at all.

If you lose (and you shouldn't), you can pay her that day, if you choose, but there will be a "grace" period (to account for the time for you to appeal, if you chose to do that.

No countersuit. If you win, you'll be awarded your legal costs, if any, but they won't include time, travel and lost wages.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">