• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Copy and paste issue on blog

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

littlegreen

What is the name of your state?
outside USA

i would like to know if someone copy the content from some other site and paste it into their blog .... and is it legal to do this... will they get sued by us law department

can the us law department sue them.. for this

i have seen some people on the net doing this

they also provide link back to their original site..and i saw some advertisement on their site..

does this copy and paste law applies to the commercial site also

i dont know if this is the right place for this post .. sorry if i am wrong...

thank...

seniorjudge

littlegreen said:
What is the name of your state?
outside USA

i would like to know if someone copy the content from some other site and paste it into their blog .... and is it legal to do this... will they get sued by us law department

can the us law department sue them.. for this

i have seen some people on the net doing this

they also provide link back to their original site..and i saw some advertisement on their site..

does this copy and paste law applies to the commercial site also

i dont know if this is the right place for this post .. sorry if i am wrong...

thank...

US law only.

By the way, what is "us law department"?

justalayman

littlegreen said:
hmm us law department for me maybe it means the US government i guess...
What you are asking about would be copyright infringement. The injured party (copyright holder) would have to initiate any action. The U.S. government does not do this unilaterally, unless they are the injured party, of course.

As far as if anything may be copyright infringement depends on what, specifically, is copied and what is done with it.

littlegreen

justalayman said:
What you are asking about would be copyright infringement. The injured party (copyright holder) would have to initiate any action. The U.S. government does not do this unilaterally, unless they are the injured party, of course.

As far as if anything may be copyright infringement depends on what, specifically, is copied and what is done with it.
therefore it means that it is not legal to do such thing...
all this while i thought that if there is a link provided back to the original site then it is ok... but it seem like it isnt ... and it depends on the other party as to whether to brought up the case to the court right

justalayman

ecmst12

From what I understand about copyright law, if the copyright holder can't prove that your posting their material did them "harm" (as in, cost them money or reducing the value of their property), then they don't have much of a case against you. But, if someone sent you a letter/email asking you to remove their copyrighted material from your site, you should do it.

littlegreen

ecmst12 said:
From what I understand about copyright law, if the copyright holder can't prove that your posting their material did them "harm" (as in, cost them money or reducing the value of their property), then they don't have much of a case against you. But, if someone sent you a letter/email asking you to remove their copyrighted material from your site, you should do it.
can the harmed party straight away issue a sue letter toward the copy paste party without any warning letter...

ENASNI

littlegreen said:
can the harmed party straight away issue a sue letter toward the copy paste party without any warning letter...

Um did you eat paste when you were young?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">