• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

shunned by d.a.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

inavca

What is the name of your state? ca.what do you do when the district attorney that is representing you refuses to comunicate wiyh you?

Litigation!

inavca said:
What is the name of your state? ca.what do you do when the district attorney that is representing you refuses to comunicate wiyh you?

My response:

What's the situation? Who is being prosecuted?

IAAL

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
inavca said:
The DA does not represent you but rather represents the state for which you may be a witness.

garrula lingua

The DDA should not be interviewing the victim or witnesses without a third party present (usu the investigating officer).

Anything you say may be discoverable, and it would be an ethical violation if the DDA failed to share that info, and more important, the DDA may become a witness and will be unable to prosecute the case.

Vics and wits should contact the investigating officer if they have additional information or questions about the case (that person is already a witness, and the I/O is responsible for all info/police reports and supplements that are distributed to the DDA, the Court and Defense Counsel).

The DDA is right in not speaking with you, alone. Contact the I/O.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">