• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

crooked electrician

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

crichards27

What is the name of your state? PA

I am being sued by an electrical contractor who worked on my home. He does not feel he should have to pay for ceiling damage his 12 year old son did while climbing through a attic crawl space. He son was helping him work. He has now increased the amount owed by adding things into his invice that were negotiated to be done for free. He thew in work if I paid him in cash. I have his signiture every time I paid him. All of which work was completed before the last invoice he gave me that reflected a $793 balance. Can he legally now do this. Wouldn't it seem strange to a judge that work done before April didn't show up on either the April23 invoice or the June 14th invoice but only on some new invoice that I never saw only this court business. I held back half of what the estimate was to repair the ceiling $175. I have receipts showing I've paid $6000. Also he is suing me for his attorney fees and court cost. He says I agreed to this. On the bottom of his invoice it says All court cost will be paid by client - but I never signed that. Also different invoices change stationary. One even has that client will pay interest on past due amounts. He has taken what should be a $175 dispute and blown it into $1200. Going to court soon and need advice

BL

I did not even read it all .

First was the Elect. Certified . If not , you'll have a case .

Secondly , If the Elect. was , he/she should never allowed a minor to participate .. again wrong ..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">