• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harassed then Fired

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rowdydow

I live in California. I'm writing for someone I knew FOR A FACT was the victim of a conspiracy to be fired. She was terminated 12-9-00. I also know the reason why was because the wife and sister of the manager (of the club/restaurant) she worked with were very jealous of her. She's an attractive young woman who was a very hard worker and smart. She had made several important improvements to the workplace and we had started generating more revenue because of it. However, the manager and his wife and sister have all been working for the owner for years and are close to him. I was privy to several of their plots and plans. I was aware they had attempted to assault her physically on several occasions. Even shoving her several times in front of other staff members. She never retaliated. She said she needed the job because she had an infant daughter to support, plus if they saw she had only a working relationship with the manager, not a romantic interest, his wife and sister would back off...This went on for 2 years! I feel really crappy they did this to her right before Christmas. Can she do anything legally to get some kind of restitution? I heard them saying in the office that if she tries to collect unemployment benefits or asks for a reference, "She's f***ked." Should I tell her what I know? Would it help her? I need this job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">