• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lawyers violating privacy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PK0906

What is the name of your state? MD
During divorce proceedings, my ex-husband's lawyer provided him a copy of confidential information about myself. I realize lawyers have a duty to share sensitive information with their clients, but is an attorney allowed to provide copies of this? My ex-husband used this information in an attempt to have me fired from my job. I filed a complaint with the Attorney Grievance Commission, but after review, the case was dismissed because the attorney undermined my credibility with blatant falsifications in her response. She did, however, admit to mailing of copy of this information to my ex-husband. Shouldn't lawyers be held to certain standards regarding privacy?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">