• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting Rid of a 36 year old felony charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MCelich

Washington. This may be the wrong forum but how do I get rid of a 36 year old felony off of my criminal record. The felony was for grand theft auto which is no longer a felony in this state. Also I have nothing else on my criminal record.

seniorjudge

MCelich said:
Washington. This may be the wrong forum but how do I get rid of a 36 year old felony off of my criminal record. The felony was for grand theft auto which is no longer a felony in this state. Also I have nothing else on my criminal record.
Pardons are either handled by the governor's office or the board of probation and parole.

Call the governor's office and ask about a pardon. If they don't handle it, then they will tell you who does.

By the way, a pardon will not be expunged from the 1000s of background check companies on the internet.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">