• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I at fault?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bond316

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I think I posted it in the wrong place the first time (Online Purchases)

During the summer (May) I dealt with a guy that sold me electronics in NY (I was there visiting my parents). Throughout the summer we built up more of a friendship while trying to do business. So in June he asks me if he can use my paypal account to accept a payment from a woman for a deposit on 100 ipods. He said she would send $2500 into the account. So I trusted him and said okay. He then got the money but never gave her any ipods. So she went after him with detectives and got a warrant for his arrest. They both met and came up with a payment plan, he would pay her a certain amount per month until the balance was depleted. He defaulted on those payments. She cant find him and I cant get into contact with him...so she came after me. I got a summons that says Failure to Provide Goods for $2500. She is trying to serve me in NY but I live in IN. The transaction happened through paypal and no address is listed except hers. I have a receipt from him and emails from her, telling me about the situation between him and her. Does the court even have jurisdiction? What can I do? :confused:

JETX

bond316 said:
Does the court even have jurisdiction?
If the items were shipping to her in the state where the case is set, pretty much.

What can I do?
Get hold of your 'friend' and get the money from him... pay her back. You can do it now, or wait until after YOU pay her from your pocket, then sue your 'friend'.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">