• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lawyer not doing his job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boston

What is the name of your state? IL

I hired an attorney in July to represent me in a custody case in IN. The lawyer stated he could practice in IN with co-counsel from that state. Since July he has not appeared in court for me failed to get co-counsel and I was arrested and has not filed anything to get my case started. Both my co-counsel in IN and my ex-husbands attorney have both complained about this attorneys lack of competance and the fact that he will not respond to either phone calls or correspondence.
In one weeks time I called this attorney everyday and sometimes twice a day and never received a return call. I have had to hire another attorney for my custody case and the states attorney is now working on my violation of the order of protection . What recourse do I have against this attorney and his lack of effort in my case?

Dandy Don

Did you sign a fee agreement/contract with him? Did you pay a retainer in advance?

Report him to the state bar association.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">