• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ford Explorer bad deal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sandibeak

What is the name of your state? Oregon
We bought a 1999 Ford Explorer from a used car dealer. The transmission has gone out in it suddenly. We changed the filter and oil and this did not help, the new oil immediatley turned black. We have had the car 5 months and have put less than 5000 miles on it. What are my options on this deal ? We can't afford to replace the transmission ($2000) and there is a history with these vehicles and transmissions. Are we doomed and locked into the next 2 1/2 years of payments ?? Is there anything in the lemon law that will help us ??
Please help need some advise
Sandy :)What is the name of your state?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
sandibeak said:
What is the name of your state? Oregon
We bought a 1999 Ford Explorer from a used car dealer. The transmission has gone out in it suddenly. We changed the filter and oil and this did not help, the new oil immediatley turned black. We have had the car 5 months and have put less than 5000 miles on it. What are my options on this deal ? We can't afford to replace the transmission ($2000) and there is a history with these vehicles and transmissions. Are we doomed and locked into the next 2 1/2 years of payments ?? Is there anything in the lemon law that will help us ??
Please help need some advise
Sandy :)
How many miles did the truck have on it when you bought it?
Unless you bought some sort of warranty, I think you are out of luck with regard to this 7-8 year old car that you bought used.
If there is a history of transmission problems, why did you buy it? And, to respond to "We didn't know it before we bought it" - that's the type of thing you need to research BEFORE you buy it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">