• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Phone Tag With Lawyer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sweets

What is the name of your state? NEW JERSEY

My friend is having a problem with his Legal Firm. One Lawyer was supposed to be representing him in court to appeal a discission, he never filed the appeal eventhough he still charged for services. He never made any follow ups with the Plaintiff or Her Lawyer, court dates were missed, the Judge ruled against my friend and then Lawyer #1 left the firm. No one seems to know where this man is. The replacement, Lawyer #2, will not return phone calls and is always out of the office when we stop in. If my friend paid for a service and did not get this service, isn't he entitled to some kind of refund and/or can he sue for Malpractice?

Sweets

weenor

If your friend feels that he did not receive the legal services he paid for then report both lawyers and the firm to you state bar association.

stephenk

has your friend ever thought of making an appointment to meet with the lawyer instead of just dropping by?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">