• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jimmychung

I consider myself prettey decent neighbor on my block, who doesn't want to bother my neighbor with unreasonably high voulme of stereo sound. I listen to music only in the bright daytime for around 30 minutes at most, usally between 9:00 am to noon. One day my wife played some music around 6:30 in the evening to entertain couple of her friends. It was the first time we ever played some music in the evening since we moved on this block more than 18 months ago. My next-door neighbor didn't waste any time to come on over to our unit to complain about the level of music. So my wife turned off the music immediately. We respect our neighbors' complaint. And couple of days later somebody dropped a very nasty letter that says my family has been making so much noise that resonates through the walls of our condos with music and jumping sound of my kids. My kids are 5 and 7 years old, and they are not noisy kids in any sense. That anonymous letter ticked me off. And I responded to my next-door neighbor with similar nasty words. I went around my neighbor to get signatures that proves that I am not such a noisy maker as the letter claimed. My neighbors kindly informed me that my next-door neighbor was such a lady that lies and writes nasty letter to her neighbors on trifle matter. Some nighbors simply said that it's her letter. Yet she firmly denies that she did not dropped any letter at my door step.
I sent her three letters because her denial just angered me so much. She replied to me twice. On the second reply she now threatens me to take it to the court for harassment if I send her another letter. And in her replies she now tells me that she has been bothered by my music all the time even though she said no every time I asked about whether the level of my music is too loud for her when we got along together well. Can she make this a harassment case as she threatens to me? I don't have any evidence that she actually dropped the letter at my doorstep. My claim is that nobody in my neighborhood except her heard anything coming from my unit, and many people told me what kind of lady she is and flatly said that was her letter. By the way,
my wife and I enjoy listening to music from Sarah Brightman, Celtic instumental music, and Enya.
Your response will be greatly appreciated.
Jimmy

HomeGuru

That's the trouble Jimmy. That lady has a different taste in music. She prefers Stone Temple Pilots, Smashing Pumpkins, Ozzie, Nirvana etc instead of your New Age Celtic stuff. Blast her with some Red Hot Chili Peppers and she will calm down.

Don't talk to her already for she has bad Feng Shui. Plenty of poison arrows.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">