• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Encroachment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mbrown225

What is the name of your state? Arizona

We bought a house in 11/05, unfortunatly we did not get a survey before we signed the papers. After we moved in, we spoke to our neighbor to find out where the property lines were. He stated that our property started 5 feet away from his horse corral. We started looking at the map of our property and realized that that was not correct. We just had a survey done 2 days ago and our neighbors are taking a quarter of our property. I have a feeling that our neighbors are not going to move their corral. What are we supposed to do now? Do I try to talk to them first? Please help, I don't know what I should do!

HappyHusband

mbrown225 said:
Do I try to talk to them first?
Yes.

But if that doesn't work, send them a certified letter requesting that they remove the structure by XX date, and if they don't, it will be removed for them and they will receive the bill for removing it.

John Se

Real touchy issue

Better to have your attorney send the letter, I would imagine that the neighbor is going to be resistant.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">