• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP! He's suing us 6 months later!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kimpelo

What is the name of your state? MA
I would love your advice! I am being sued by my prior landlord (6 months after moving out) for damages he says are worth $2000 (there weren't any damages and I even cleaned from ceiling to floor). We lived there for 10 years before buying out own home. We both work two jobs to keep up with our mortgage and child's needs...I don't want to just GIVE him our money! He has our sec dep still, which he never paid interest on, never gave us written notice of any damages either. He also never told us what bank it was in or anything else. What should I countersue him for? I know I can sue for at least 3 times the interest on the sec dep and the sec dep, right? anything else? I thought I heard that sometimes you can get back 3 times your sec dep too. I just want him to go away but he is a liar, and he needs to pay. He thinks he is oh so powerful in my city and I want him to know that I am not afraid of him or his small claim! HELP! I am filing the papers this afternoon and woul just like your opinions on what would be in my best interest on this thing. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">