• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hurt on the job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wildman46235

I recently injured my back by pulling on a broken dock plate that I had reported to my employer five weeks earlier. I was instructed to go to their medical facility where I was examined and drug tested. I told the Doctor I had injured my back in 1993 working for a major distribution company and had been on workers comp. and work hardening program and had been released to return to work for them and was fired when I returned for a unrelated issue. I also informed the Doctor that I have had some degree of problems that my Doctor had been treating ever since 1993. Their Doctor told me I should find another type of job (truckdriver),he perscribed nothing except to stay off work until he would see me in a week. If he, or the company decide I can't return or due my job, what are my options and how will the previous injury affect the outcome? I live and work in Indiana.Also, I am in my 90 day probationary period with this company.

[Edited by wildman46235 on 12-12-2000 at 05:47 AM]

L

LadyBlu

Were you given a MMI (Maximum Medical Improvement) rating when you were returned to work from the 93 injury?

What was your diagnosis?
Your new job is going to try to pin this on the old injury, that is why you need to know what your diagnosis was in 93, and what the Dr is now saying is your diagnosis.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">