• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tnbutterfly26

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

Me and my husband purchased a vechicle from an individual on 3/10/06. After going to the loan company to sign the paperwork, we had the vechicle for about 2 hours and it begin to show problems. We called the previous owner the speak with him about the problem and he said what do you want me to do about it. I then called the finance company to tell them that i would like just to void the loan and return the vechicle to the previous owner. They at that point told me that they could not void the loan due to it was purchased thru a indiv. and not a car dealership. I have tried locating the laws for the termanating the contract, and also was under the impression that I had a 72 hour period after the signing of the contract to change my mind. Is this information correct or I'm I stuck with this lemon???
:(

Happy Trails

tnbutterfly26 said:
What is the name of your state? Tennessee

Me and my husband purchased a vechicle from an individual on 3/10/06. After going to the loan company to sign the paperwork, we had the vechicle for about 2 hours and it begin to show problems. We called the previous owner the speak with him about the problem and he said what do you want me to do about it. I then called the finance company to tell them that i would like just to void the loan and return the vechicle to the previous owner. They at that point told me that they could not void the loan due to it was purchased thru a indiv. and not a car dealership. I have tried locating the laws for the termanating the contract, and also was under the impression that I had a 72 hour period after the signing of the contract to change my mind. Is this information correct or I'm I stuck with this lemon???
:(
Your stuck, unless the previous owner gave you some sort of warranty.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">