• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

She wants to take me to court.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tazalexis

What is the name of your state? New York
I got involved in a "gifting circle" and I was told it was not a pryamid. I saw that it worked and even though I was not quite sure how a pyramid worked, I felt comfortable with the gifting circle. It worked for me and I told several persons about it. It worked for them also. When I saw it was working, I started helping the person who was running it because I felt it was a good idea to help the people I know. More people were blessed by it and then it flopped!!. It flopped because the people stopped bringing more people to the tables. Now there is one woman who wants to take me to court. The situation is, she did not give me any money as well as I was not the one who told her about it. Everyone else who was running the tables, are gone. I'm the only one staying in contact with people on the tables. I feel bad that the tables stopped and a lot of people did not get the chance to get their money. However, I know it's not my fault the tables stopped. She's called me several times and threatened to take me to court for her $$ and finally I told her to do so. I told her if the judge says I have to pay, given the fact she never gifted me, she gifted someone else and given the fact I was not the one who told her about the tables, then I will have to re-pay her. Do you think she would have a case against me?/:confused: I was not the one that started the tables. When I heard about it, I was told it was going on for over 18years. I did however at the time she got involved, assist someone else with informing people who and where to send their gifts. When I got involved, it was not to scam anyone and I am yet to do so. However, now that the people who got me invloved is gone and nowhere to be found, I realize without my direct involvement to scam anyone, it has turned out to be a scam. For that reason, I feel responsible. However I've given information to over 15 persons at $1000 a person. How can I ever repay that amount of $$?? Can they have a case against me if they wanted to?

Last edited:

seniorjudge

Tazalexis said:
What is the name of your state? New York
I got involved in a "gifting circle" and I was told it was not a pryamid. I saw that it worked and even though I was not quite sure how a pyramid worked, I felt comfortable with the gifting circle. It worked for me and I told several persons about it. It worked for them also. When I saw it was working, I started helping the person who was running it because I felt it was a good idea to help the people I know. More people were blessed by it and then it flopped!!. It flopped because the people stopped bringing more people to the tables. Now there is one woman who wants to take me to court. The situation is, she did not give me any money as well as I was not the one who told her about it. Everyone else who was running the tables, are gone. I'm the only one staying in contact with people on the tables. I feel bad that the tables stopped and a lot of people did not get the chance to get their money. However, I know it's not my fault the tables stopped. She's called me several times and threatened to take me to court for her $$ and finally I told her to do so. I told her if the judge says I have to pay, given the fact she never gifted me, she gifted someone else and given the fact I was not the one who told her about the tables, then I will have to re-pay her. Do you think she would have a case against me?/:confused: I was not the one that started the tables. When I heard about it, I was told it was going on for over 18years. I did however at the time she got involved, assist someone else with informing people who and where to send their gifts. When I got involved, it was not to scam anyone and I am yet to do so. However, now that the people who got me invloved is gone and nowhere to be found, I realize without my direct involvement to scam anyone, it has turned out to be a scam. For that reason, I feel responsible. However I've given information to over 15 persons at $1000 a person. How can I ever repay that amount of $$?? Can they have a case against me if they wanted to?

Q: Can they have a case against me if they wanted to?

A: Yes; sounds like to me you were a major con artist in this scam.

Tazalexis

seniorjudge said:
Q: Can they have a case against me if they wanted to?

A: Yes; sounds like to me you were a major con artist in this scam.

So even though I had no idea it was or may be a scam. I will still be held responsible??? What about the persons who told me about it?? If there is a way to reach them, can I hold them responsible for this also?? I also re-invested $10,000 in this believeing since it was not a scam, I would get more $$ to help myself, my family and also to help others.
Also, I totally believe in GOD and the last thing I want to do is scam anyone or be involved in a scam. SHould I try to make payments to repay these people?? It was not my intentions to hurt anyone. I saw it as a blessing, I did not do research as I should have. Now that I see more people are hurt than helped, I want to make it right even if it takes the rest of my life paying off. I fear GOD more than man. Even though I know bad things would be said about me, My goal is to make these individuals whole again. WHat is the best way to go about this??
I have another honest question. The people who sent their money out to other people marked it as a gift on the MO or check, can I get the people who received money to give these people back their money as good faith? I think they may not have a case against the people they sent the money to because they listed it as a gift. However, they would definitely have a case against me because I was the one informing them of the persons to send $$ to. What are some things I can do?? I feel so used and betrayed because the people running this took advantage of my good intentions to help other people. I wish I had done a thorough research. I don't care how much $$ I lost in this, I care about the people I got involved.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">