• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grounds for Annulment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Rosegal

I live in Georgia and have been married four years to a charming and generous southern gentleman. We have three teenagers living at home who adore him, all from our previous marriages. Just this week I discovered, and he is unaware of this, he owes almost $60,000 to the IRS. Apparently he didn't even bother to file for the years 1993-98. I've always filed separately and on time. This guy is a former ordained minister and police officer, and I believed him to be a man of high moral character. He is well thought of in our community and a very active volunteer. I became aware he had some problems with the IRS about a year ago, but assumed he was dealing with it in a responsible manner. I am weighing the pros and cons of staying married to him at this point (as I watch out for any agents that may want to seize our minivan). Could I possibly have grounds for an annulment in this situation?

LegalBeagle

Rosegal said:
I live in Georgia and have been married four years to a charming and generous southern gentleman. We have three teenagers living at home who adore him, all from our previous marriages. Just this week I discovered, and he is unaware of this, he owes almost $60,000 to the IRS. Apparently he didn't even bother to file for the years 1993-98. I've always filed separately and on time. This guy is a former ordained minister and police officer, and I believed him to be a man of high moral character. He is well thought of in our community and a very active volunteer. I became aware he had some problems with the IRS about a year ago, but assumed he was dealing with it in a responsible manner. I am weighing the pros and cons of staying married to him at this point (as I watch out for any agents that may want to seize our minivan). Could I possibly have grounds for an annulment in this situation?
No, although the minivan might.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">