• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disability insurance or a civil litigation case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ennastur

What is the name of your state? Idaho

This is a complex question. I am seeking legal representation to contest a long-term partial disability claim denied by a US Insurance company because my former employer, a Mexican subsidiary of a US based multinational consulting firm, did not inform me timely of the international long term disability insurance options available to all senior employees worldwide and the procedures for enrollment. Because of its multinational status, the long term disability and life insurance policies were provided by a U.S. insurance company (with no authorization to operate in Mexico) and all worldwide enrollment and claims were processed through the U.S. consulting firm in Chicago. As a consequence I was not enrolled at the time of my hiring in the LTD and Life insurance policies. These were standard benefits included in the hiring package and enrollment was conditioned on a form requiring a single signature to accept or waive both insurances coverage.

The human resources at the Mexican company informed me of my successful late enrollment, 14 months after my hiring. Less than two months later I was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease and submitted a claim for LTD. As soon as my former boss submitted my claim to the U.S. Consulting firm in Chicago (the apparent policyholder) and this latter firm forwarded it to the U.S. Insurance company, I was fired. The U.S. insurance company rejected my claim and my appeal, refusing to give my insurance file for 2 and 1/2 years. When I finally received the file, which contained communiqués among the US and Mexican consulting companies and the U.S. insurance company, it was apparent that the companies had conspired to deny me my benefits. Do I need a civil litigation lawyer or a disability insurance lawyer or a labor lawyer or a criminal lawyer th initiate a legal process?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">