• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Niseyg123

North Carolina

I have approximately 26 acres of private land that borders a lot in a subdivision- I am co owner of this lot as well. I have cut a road connecting my two properties. And use the subdivision roads most of the time for accessing the highway,. The subdivision homeowners assoc is having a duck saying I can't have a road there because my road also leads to another subdivision. Also that I can't use the roads. I say both of their claims are completely ridiculous and that I can have a road b/c i own both properties and they can't limit my access from my subdivision property to my private property. I also say that i can use the subdivision roads because im on the deed to the porperty as a co owner. AM i right? :confused:

Denise G

Last edited:

pojo2

Ask a local Atty who can go over your documentation.

The subdivision homeowners assoc is having a duck saying I can't have a road there because my road also leads to another subdivision

This can be a very biggy issue.

The properties may very well be connecting but have substantially different restrictions including zoning issues.

You need an Lawyer who can investigate all the issues and advise you.

Niseyg123

Thanks for responding. I will have to have someone local look into it. I kinda figure they may be able to require us to put a gate up or something but Hopefully that's all.

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">